Camp White is a 29- acre private Christian conference and retreat center on the river in Post Falls, Idaho. The Camp is owned and operated by Millwood Community Presbyterian Church (MCPC) and is part of the mission and ministry of the congregation in Millwood, Washington. It is not open to the public.
Camp White was farmland when the Rodkey family made the land available for purchase as a Christian retreat site. Pete White and many others at MCPC caught a vision for ministry at the site and purchased the original plot of land for $800 in 1948. An additional piece of land was purchased in 1954. What was once farm is now a Ponderosa Pine forest with 100 year old trees, and a quarter mile of natural waterfront.
Accommodations at Camp White include two bunkhouses (each accommodates 20+ people) that have recently had their bathrooms renovated, along with over 30 RV sites, most with full hook-ups, and multiple tent camping sites. The Camp has two bath houses, the most recent one completed in 2004. Other accommodations include:
- A protected beach with docks, water slide and diving boards.
-Two outside meeting areas: one in the wooded area and one (with a fireplace) by the Spokane River.
- Volleyball Court
- Softball Backstop and Basketball Hoop
- Horseshoe pits
- Nature Trail with guide book
- Children's Playground Equipment
- Beautiful Picnic area shaded by huge pine trees
- Large kitchen in which to prepare meals for groups. Boasts five refrigerators, one freezer, three ovens, two microwaves, six stove-top burners and a Bar-B-Que grill.
- Our own private boat launch right in the campground that was renovated in 2013.
- Great nature trails for the kids to explore on their bikes or on foot. The entire campground is fenced, so no worries about kids wandering away.
- MCPC members always camp free for 2 weeks! After that an hour-a-day of "sweat equity" is required for each day parked in a site. (That's how we maintain the camp.)
Our season usually runs from June 1 through October 1 of each year, but could vary slightly because of weather.
Summer programs include Sunday afternoon potlucks at 5:00 p.m. and Vespers worship services at 6:00 p.m., with a variety of Presbyterian ministers from the Inland Northwest, or some of our own Elders leading the devotion. The church holds two weeks of Day Camp, a week of Vacation Bible School, and the annual family camp the last weekend of July. We also host programs for other churches, Liberty Park Child Development Center, Alcoholics Anonymous, and many other local organizations. The camp is available for use by members of the church, and individuals, church and organizations sponsored by the session, staff, or members of the church.It is a frequent site for big family reunions for MCPC members as well.
Church members can contact the church at: 509-924-2350 to find out more about making a reservation. If you are a MCPC member, and your group is smaller than 15 guests, no need for reservations - just come out anytime! If more than 15 members, please call ahead for reservations. For further details, please see the Camp White Policy at the right on this page.
Directions to Camp White
1931 East Rodkey Dr
Post Falls, ID83854
Link to Google Map
Directions from Spokane:
Take Interstate 90 to Post Falls, ID and exit at Spokane Street (exit 5). Proceed south on Spokane Street. Turn left (east) on 3rd Street. Turn right (south) on Greenferry Road. Follow Greenferry Road which veers right becoming Rodkey Drive. Follow Rodkey Drive to the camp entrance.